An often overlooked race, Goblins are the smaller cousins of the Sanhedrin, found in all of Tierra Verde’s mountains and underground. They are famed for their eccentricity and ability to cobble together inventions and magical objects out of piles of junk.
- +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength: Goblins are resilient and resourceful, but physically weak.
- Small: Goblins are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB) and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD), and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Goblins have a base land speed of 20ft.
- Darkvision: Goblins have Darkvision out to 60ft.
- Racial Foe: +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the Giant subtype.
- Vermin Empathy: As the Wild Empathy ability, but with creatures of the Vermin type only. The Goblin’s total Hit Dice is his effective druid level.
- Goblin Magic: Goblins add +1 to the Caster Level of any Conjuration spell they cast. Goblins with an Intelligence of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities:
o 3/day—produce flame. At Will—spark. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Goblin's level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the Goblin's Intelligence modifier.
- Skill affinity: Goblins have a +2 racial bonus on Ride and Stealth checks.
- Inventions: Goblins gain Master Craftsman as a bonus feat.
- Languages: Goblins begin play speaking Terran.
Goblins are short humanoids, usually standing no more than 4 feet tall. They have scrawny bodies of a dark brown, black or dirty maroon colouration. Their eyes are little more than black globes and their hair is scraggly and dark, often worn in unusual styles such as mohawks.
Despite their large numbers, they have very little presence above ground, usually found along the east of Malus or around Oni communities in Higashi-Rei. They have more influence in Aldebaran, where they are seen as innovative, if a little unhinged, inventors.
Goblins have a remarkable track record for survival and perseverance, with their subterranean city of Yarrick being the oldest continuously-inhabited city in all of Tierra Verde, despite being located almost directly in the centre of the Black Lands.