Aegians, after humans, are the most populous race in Tierra Verde. Also known as lizardmen (A name which they despise), they appear as an amalgam of saurian and human anatomy, with a roughly humanoid body covered in scales, a reptilian head and a long tail.
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity: Aegians are bright and tough, but bulky and clumsy.
- Medium Size: Aegians are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: have a base land speed of 30ft.
- Swimming: Aegians have a swim speed of 15 feet. An Aegian has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. An Aegian can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. An Aegian can use the run action while swimming, provided he swims in a straight line.
- Hold Breath: An Aegian can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
- Teamwork: An Aegian is treated as flanking any opponent that both they and an adjacent ally of the same size threatens. Only the Aegian gains the bonus for flanking - their ally does not.
- Pride: An Aegian gains a +2 bonus on saves against mind-affecting spells and abilities.
- Fire Retardant: An Aegian gains a +1 bonus on saves against abilities that deal Fire damage.
- Hatred: Aegians gain a +1 racial bonus on attacks against Syrictae and snakes.
- State Education: Aegians have a +2 bonus on Knowledge (History) and Knowledge (Nature), and they are always class skills for them.
- Tenacity: When below half their hitpoints, Aegians gain a +1 morale bonus to attacks and a +1 dodge bonus to AC.
- Well-Balanced: Aegians receive a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks.
- Clawed Hands: Aegian’s unarmed attacks deal slashing and piercing damage. They still provoke attacks of opportunity as normal if they don’t have Improved Unarmed Strike.
- Weapon Familiarity: Aegians treat greatspears as martial weapons and arcuballistae as simple weapons.
- Languages: Aegians begin play speaking Auran.
Aegians are bulky humanoids with reptilian traits. They are covered in thick scales with ridges along their back and long, crocodilian tail. Their heads are short and rectangular and they possess a mouth full of sharp teeth.
Aegians from coastal regions tend to be a vivid blue colour with a pale underside. Conquered civilizations often speak of a rippling ocean of azure scales and spears, referring to the sight of a marching Aegian army. Mainland Aegians tend to more natural colours depending on their home, ranging from camo green to rocky brown. Aegians from tropical islands are often green or dark turquise in colouration with splashes of reds, oranges and yellows to blend in with the colourful environment of their homes.